UniKL marks milestone with first graduates in Water and Hydropower Engineering

A historic moment transpired at Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL) during the 20th Convocation Ceremony, as the university celebrated the achievement of its pioneering class of nine students who successfully completed the Master of Science programme in Water and Hydropower Engineering.

This groundbreaking dual-degree initiative, formed in collaboration with the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education in the Netherlands since 2019, has introduced Dutch engineering excellence and water management expertise to the Malaysian academic landscape.

Initiated by the UniKL Centre for Water Engineering Technology (CWET), the UniKL-IHE Delft Dual-Degree Programme is a vital component of the Eleventh Malaysia Plan (11MP) project, championed by the government.

This innovative academic programme, accredited by both the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the Netherlands Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO), offers students a unique opportunity to attain two separate Master of Science degrees.

Remarkably, the programme boasts a 100% employment rate, with all graduates securing positions at renowned companies.

A significant portion of the alumni, approximately 60%, have embarked on careers with international industry leaders such as Jacobs, DHI, and Sthrohm, while the remaining 40% have chosen to contribute their expertise as water engineers at Air Selangor, previously known as Syabas.

These graduates are now enjoying an average monthly income of approximately RM 8,428.00, underscoring the programme’s effectiveness in producing highly skilled professionals for the water and hydropower engineering sector.


1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur

+603 - 2175 4000

+603 - 2175 4001


MOE Registration Certification No: DU011(W)

UniKL website developed & managed by
Corporate Branding & Strategic Communication
Department (CBSCD)

Share This