* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Foundation in Creative Art and Design
Kursus Asas Seni Kreatif dan Reka Bentuk
The Foundation in Creative Art and Design proposes a one-year (2 semesters) program consisting of 50 credit hours. This program provides students with the theoretical and practical foundations for knowledge and skills acquisition in
various disciplines of study in creative art and design and prepares them for undergraduate studies at Higher Learning Institutions (HLIs) throughout Malaysia.
At the end of this program, students will be able to explain design concepts, theories, and principles in their area of study, source and process data using appropriate digital applications, analyze and apply information to solve problems, and develop their skills for lifelong learning and communication in responsible ways.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The objectives of the program are to:
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in Creative Art and Design, capable of pursuing further education at University Kuala Lumpur or other institutions of higher learning.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are able to use knowledge and comprehension to identify and apply design role in response to concrete and complex problems.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who have (ethical disposition), effective leadership and team work as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to relate to peers and supervisors.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are innovative and committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the programs, students will be able to:
- PLO 1
Utilise facts to describe and discuss concepts, principles, and processes in Creative Art and Design field.
- PLO 2
Apply fundamental principles of Creative Art and Design study to identify and solve problems;
- PLO 3
Conduct academic activities such as collect, analyse, organise, and process data/information to make conclusions individually or in groups;
- PLO 4
Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- PLO 5
Utilise basic digital technology applications to seek and process data related to Creative Art and Design field.
- PLO 6
Search, interpret, and use relevant information to pursue lifelong learning independently.
- Bachelor of Multimedia Technology (Hons) in Interactive Multimedia Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia Technology (Hons) in Computer Animation
- Bachelor in Tourism Planning and Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.) International Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Management and Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Analytical Economics
- Bachelor of Technology Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Industrial Logistics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Maritime Operation (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Technology (Honours) in Automotive Management
- English 1
- Islamic Studies/Moral Studies
- Co-curriculum 1
- History of Art and Design
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Element and Principles of Design
- Basic Visualization Techniques
- *Elective 1
- English 2
- Study and Critical Thinking Skills
- Co-curriculum 2
- Introduction to Computer Technology
- Visual Communication Design
- Presentation Techniques
- Design Project
- *Elective 2
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Introduction to Multimedia Design
- Introduction to Furniture Design
- Introduction to Consumer Product
Local Student: RM 5,500.00 (subject to terms & conditions)
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with minimum 5 credits; or
- Pass the O-Level with at least a C grade in FIVE (5) subjects; or
- Other equivalent qualifications
- Complete 11 years of schooling and obtain a General pass in secondary school certificate, O Level or equivalent with Min Grade C including Math n English.
Fees are subject to change
Click for more detail
CPS / UniKL MIDI (formerly known as UniKL IPROM)
JPT/BPP (N/214/3/0195) 09/26, MQA/FA 14713
January & July
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL