* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Telecommunication
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kepujian) Telekomunikasi
Telecommunication Engineering is one of engineering branch that is in demand in Malaysia. Based on DeLoitte’s 2017 industry outlook report, there is a strong growth in the telecommunications sector with huge demand in the areas of high-speed data, Internet of Things (IoT) etc. Thus the Bachelor of Engineering Technology (BET) in Telecommunication in UniKL BMI was established in direct response to the rapidly increasing local, as well as international, demand for graduates with technical knowledge and to succeed in this fast-moving field.
Our BET in Telecommunication is designed to prepare students to position themselves at the forefront of technological knowledge and skills for professional careers in various Telecommunications fields. The degree’s contents include knowledge about basic electrical and electronic systems, signal processing, signal propagation in different physical media and communications networks. Our degree consists of a large practical component, at least 60% of total credit weight is dedicated to tutored laboratory practical.
In addition, the Communication networks modules are adapted based on CISCO Networking Academy framework. Thus upon graduation, our graduates are equipped with Cisco Certified Network Academy Certificates. These certifications will prepare them with sufficient knowledge to further take Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network.
BET quick info:
- The programme is fully accredited and approved by relevant authorities.
- The contents of this programme include knowledge about electronic and electrical systems, signal processing, signal propagation in different physical media, communications networks and antenna and satellite communication. Thus this programme provides the adequate basis to further their study to either Master or PhD level.
- The programme is designed to have a large practical component, as at least 60% of total credit weight is dedicated to tutored laboratory practicum.
- This course also provides students with effective training using various telecommunication devices such as optical fibre, satellite, navigation, computer network, mobile phone, VoIP and much more.
- Our programme will always be updated with the current trend and technology in the Telecommunication field to ensure that what we deliver to students are not obsolete.
- The existence of teaching resources such as well-equipped classrooms and laboratories.
- Dedicated teaching faculty who are qualified and highly experienced (both in industrial & education) and are in constant contact with the student.
- 17-24 weeks of industrial training towards the end of their academic studies to prepare them for employment upon graduation.
- Upon graduation graduates will be awarded Cisco Certified Network Academy (CCNA) Certificate level 1 to 4.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in Engineering Technology field.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and telecommunications engineering technology to define and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve systematically broadly defined telecommunications engineering technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the engineering discipline.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly defined telecommunications engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability.
- PLO 4
Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly defined telecommunications engineering technology problems using data from relevant sources.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate awareness and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- PLO 10
Demonstrate the understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an understanding of management, business practices and entrepreneurship.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for professional development and engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Upon completion, BET Telecommunication Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Network engineer
- Telecom Equipment Engineer
- Transmission Engineer
- Product / Software development engineers
- Network Technical support / Help Desk / Service Desk Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Test Engineers
- Transmission Engineers
- Central-Office Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer GSM / GPRS
- Outside-Plant Engineer
- Data Planning Engineer
- Engineer Radio Planning and Optimization
- VSAT/ Wireless/ RF Engineer
- IT Process Engineer
|Semester 1 (Short Semester)||
|Semester 8||Industrial Training|
JPT/BPP (R2/523/6/0065) 11/21, MQA A 7472
Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication
January & September Only
Marketing, Recruitment & Admission Division
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 – 2175 4426 / 4031 / 5408
+6011 – 2076 8869
+603 – 2175 4446
- Admission Requirements
- Financial Assistance
- Tuition Fee
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL