* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Telecommunication Engineering Technology with Honours
(Formerly known as Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Telecommunication)
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan Telekomunikasi dengan Kepujian
Telecommunication Engineering is one of engineering branch that is in demand in Malaysia. Based on DeLoitte’s 2017 industry outlook report, there was a strong growth in the telecommunications sector with huge demand in the areas of high-speed data, Internet of Things (IoT) etc. Thus the Bachelor of Telecommunication Engineering Technology with Honours (BTET) programme in UniKL BMI was established in direct response to the rapidly increasing local, as well as international, demand for graduates with technical knowledge and to succeed in this fast-moving field.
Our BTET programme is designed to prepare students to position themselves at the forefront of technological knowledge and skills for professional careers in various Telecommunications fields. The degree’s contents include knowledge about basic electrical and electronic systems, signal processing, signal propagation in different physical media and communications networks. Our degree consists of a large practical component, at least 60% of total credit weight is dedicated to tutored laboratory practical.
In addition, the Communication networks modules are adapted based on CISCO Networking Academy framework. Thus upon graduation, our graduates are equipped with Cisco Certified Network Academy Certificates. These certifications will prepare them with sufficient knowledge to further take Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network.
BET quick info:
- The programme is fully accredited and approved by relevant authorities.
- The contents of this programme include knowledge about electronic and electrical systems, signal processing, signal propagation in different physical media, communications networks and antenna and satellite communication. Thus this programme provides the adequate basis to further their study to either Master or PhD level.
- The programme is designed to have a large practical component, as at least 60% of total credit weight is dedicated to tutored laboratory practicum.
- This course also provides students with effective training using various telecommunication devices such as optical fibre, satellite, navigation, computer network, mobile phone, VoIP and much more.
- Our programme is always updated with the current trend and technology in the Telecommunication field to ensure that what we deliver to students are not obsolete.
- The existence of teaching resources such as well-equipped classrooms and laboratories.
- Dedicated academicians who are qualified and highly experienced (both in industrial & education) and are in constant contact with the student.
- 17-24 weeks of industrial training towards the end of their academic studies to prepare them for employment upon graduation.
- Upon graduation graduates will be awarded Cisco Certified Network Academy (CCNA) Certificate level 1 to 4, (CCNA1, CCNA2, CCNA3, CCNA4).
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in Engineering Technology field.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1 Knowledge:
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies
- PLO 2 Problem Analysis:
IIdentify, formulate, research literature and solve broadly defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialization.
- PLO 3 Design / Development of Solutions:
Design solutions for broadly defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the designs of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PLO 4 Investigation:
Conduct investigations of broadly defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusion.
- PLO 5 Modern Tool Usage:
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6 The Engineer and Society:
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of broadly-defined engineering technology practice.
- PLO 7 Environment and Sustainability:
Understand the impact of broadly-defined engineering technology solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PLO 8 Ethics:
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of broadly-defined engineering technology practice
- PLO 9 Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams
- PLO 10 Communication:
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions
- PLO 11 Project Management and Finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12 Life Long Learning:
Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in specialist technologies.
Upon completion, BET Telecommunication Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Network engineer
- Telecom Equipment Engineer
- Transmission Engineer
- Product / Software development engineers
- Network Technical support / Help Desk / Service Desk Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Test Engineers
- Transmission Engineers
- Central-Office Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer GSM / GPRS
- Outside-Plant Engineer
- Data Planning Engineer
- Engineer Radio Planning and Optimization
- VSAT/ Wireless/ RF Engineer
- IT Process Engineer
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Programming for Engineers
- Introduction to Digital Electronics
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Electronics
- Electrical and Electronics Workshop
- Introduction to Electric Circuits
- Engineering Mechanics
- Hubungan Etnik
- Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Circuit Theorems
- Essential Management Principles
- Mandarin 1
- Network Fundamental
- Engineering Mathematics 4
- Network Analysis
- Professional English 2
- Mandarin 2
- Transmission Systems
- Electromagnetic Wave
- Network Technology
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (LM)
- Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Signals and Systems
- Application Interface Controller
- Communication Technology Principles
- Data Communications
- Final Year Project 1
- RF, Microwave, and Antenna
- Advanced Data Communications
- Mobile Communications
- Wireless Network Architecture
- Final Year Project 2
- Siswa-Siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Innovation Management
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Industrial Training
JPT/BPP (R2/523/6/0065) 11/21, MQA/FA11142
Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication
January & September Only
Marketing, Recruitment & Admission Division
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 – 2175 4426 / 4031 / 5408
+6011 – 2076 8869
+603 – 2175 4446
- Admission Requirements
- Financial Assistance
- Tuition Fee
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL