* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
Sarjana Muda Fisioterapi (Kepujian)
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) is a 4-year (for fresh graduate) and 3-year (for post-diploma) undergraduate degree programme.
The objective of this programme is to provide higher degree to graduates with necessary theoretical and clinical knowledge and encompasses the research and development of new methods of physical rehabilitation. It is designed to prepare graduates to function as a competent physiotherapy practitioner with clinical reasoning skills and ethics in the treatment of patients.
This programme involves the study of sciences behind practices such as anatomy, physiology, exercise and movement, as well as medical courses more specific to the field.
Method of delivery of this programme includes lectures and tutorials, problem-based learning sessions, practical skills sessions and clinical attachments at government and private hospitals. Lectures are conducted face-to-face as well as via online delivery mode.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Knowledgeable and competent in physiotherapy skills when providing client healthcare services
- Demonstrate social responsibilities ethically and professionally
- Effective in communication and demonstrate team work with good leadership skills
- Capable to analyse and solve clinical problems through critical thinking, innovative ideas and engage with lifelong learning
- Apply technopreneurship skills in physiotherapy management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in physiotherapy will be able to:
Integrate scientific knowledge necessary and significant for the management operation related to physiotherapeutic field.
- Practical skills
Perform effective physiotherapeutic skills, interpret assessment finding and evaluate the outcome.
- Social skills and responsibilities
Demonstrate sensitivities and responsibilities towards the community, culture, religion and environment.
- Ethics, professionalism and humanities
Commit professionally, ethically in line with physiotherapy code of conduct.
- Communication, leadership and team skills
Demonstrate effective teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
- Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Recommend creative, innovative and effective solution to clinical practices in physiotherapy based on scientific research findings.
- Lifelong learning and information management skills
Engage in lifelong learning and physiotherapy professional development.
- Entrepreneurship and managerial skills
Enhance entrepreneurship skills in physiotherapy management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
Graduates produced in this programme will not only contribute to medical and health services, but also to universities, hospitals, private laboratories, public health agencies, fitness centres and private research agencies.
- Teaching staff
- Therapy manager
- Research assistant
- Sports physio rehabilitator
- Sports physiotherapist
- Specialized physiotherapist in orthopaedic, paediatrics, geriatrics, women and men’s health, etc
- Self-employed private physiotherapist
- Professional Development and Practice
- Fundamental of English
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia Tenggara/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Isu-isu Ketemporari Muslim di Malaysia/ Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Mandarin 1 / Arabic 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Kinesiology 1 and Biomechanics
- Electrotherapeutic Modalities 1
- Physiotherapeutic Skills 1
- Behavioural Science
- Hubungan Etnik/Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Siswa siswi pertahanan awam 2*
- Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Kinesiology 2
- Electrotherapeutic Modalities 2
- Physiotherapeutic Skills 2
- Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal system 1
- Professional English 2
- Mandarin 2/ Arabic 2
- Anatomy and Physiology 3
- Pharmacology in Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal system 2
- Physiotherapy in Cardiorespiratory system 1
- Evidence Based Practice
- Innovation Management
- Physiotherapy in Cardiorespiratory system 2
- Physiotherapy in Neurology 1
- Physiotherapy in Spine Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy in Sport Injury
- Physiotherapy in Gerontology
- Exercise Physiology
- Research Methodology
- Entrepreneurship in Physiotherapy Centre/Entrepreneurship in Fitness Centre
- Physiotherapy in Neurology 2
- Physiotherapy in Paediatrics
- Project 1
- Clinical Placement 1
- Clinical Placement 2
- Physiotherapy in Women and Men’s Health
- Physiotherapy in Occupational Health
- Project 2
- Drug and Substance abuse/Drug in Sport
- Clinical Placement 3
- Clinical Placement 4
- Clinical Placement 5
- Clinical Placement 6
- Clinical Placement 7
- Clinical Placement 8
- Entry Requirement:
Pass Matriculation/ Pre-University/Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) programme or equivalent qualification with minimum GPA 2.33 in TWO of the following subjects;
Recognised Diploma in minimum CGPA of 2.75 in related field.
Recognised Diploma with CGPA less than 2.75 in related field and minimum of 3 years (36 months) working experience in the related field.
Obtained MUET Band 3 OR IELTS (5.5)/TOEFL (550)
A-level programme or equivalent qualification with minimum Grade D in TWO of the following subjects;
*Minimum English language requirements are IELTS 5.0/CEFR B1 or equivalent TOEFL PBT (410-413) or TOEFL IBT (34) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance) /CEFR B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency) / CEFR C1 or PTE (Pearson Test of English) (36) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (band 3)
JPT/BPP (N/726/6/0093) 04 /27
Medical & Allied Health Sciences
January & July Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL