* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Electronic Engineering Technology (Industrial Automation and Control)
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan Elektronik (Automasi & Kawalan Industri)
The programme offers the individual with wide knowledge and capabilities in current distribution installation, control programs of electro technical automation equipment, control and regulation system of machines or industrial processes.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable and technically competent in the field of automated regulation and control
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders and teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in the field of mechanical engineering technology.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
Knowledge: Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation as specified in DK1 to DK4 respectively to wide practical procedures and practices in electronics, automation and control.
- PLO 2
Problem Analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to electronics, automation and control (DK1 to DK4)
- PLO 3
Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (DK5)
- PLO 4
Investigation: Conduct investigations of well-defined problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurement.
- PLO 5
Modern Tool Usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined engineering problems, with an awareness of the limitations. (DK6)
- PLO 6
The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems. (DK7)
- PLO 7
Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts (DK7)
- PLO 8
Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 9
Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communication: Communicate effectively on well-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a technical teamand to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Life Long Learning: Recognise the need for and have the ability to engage in independent updating in the context of specialised technical knowledge.
The career openings are wide and rewarding for those with right education and talent job opportunities for a high-level technologist exist in all industrial companies that operate in an automation system. The person would be able to hold positions such as Assistant Engineer, Senior Technician or Technician.
- Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban* / Falsafah dan Isu Semasa* / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi I**
- Competency English
- Technical Mathematics I
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Drawing & CAD
- Amalan Islam Di Malaysia / Religious Practices in Malaysia / Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia I
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Mathematics II
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Electronics Devices
- Industrial Computing
- Communication English I
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic Systems
- Digital Electronics
- Control Systems
- Engineering Ethics
- Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
- Mandarin I / Spanish I
- Integriti & Anti-Rasuah I
- Communication English II
- Industrial Automation
- Electrical Machines
- Electronics Circuit Design
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)*
- Mandarin II / Spanish II
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Power Electronics & Drive
- Electronics Instrumentation
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training
- MPU 2212 Bahasa Kebangsaan A – For local students without credit in Bahasa Melayu (SPM) only and the credit is not included in program Total Credit to Graduate (TCG).
- MPU2132 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1**- For international student only.
- MPU 2322 Religious Practices in Malaysia – For international student only
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least credit in three (3) subjects (minimum Grade C) including Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical Based Subjects; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3 or equivalent; OR
- Recognized related Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications AND an adequate and relevant bridging programme, OR
- Pass in O-Level with minimum Grade C in three (3) subjects including Mathematics and science or technical based subjects, OR
- Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) (MQF Level 3) qualification been recognized by Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK), government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate, OR
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate, OR
- Pass Technical/Vocational/Skills qualifications and recognized and approve by UniKL Senate, OR
Other recognized equivalent qualification by Malaysian Government
JPT/BPP (R2/523/4/0195) 06/24, MQA FA 13668
Electronics and Automation
January & July
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL