* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Foundation in Science and Technology
Kursus Asas Sains dan Teknologi
Students who successfully complete the Foundation Programme will automatically progress onto the first year of an appropriate bachelor degree of choice. This is a self-sponsored program.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The objectives of the program are to:
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable and competent in their respective field of study, capable of pursuing further education at Universiti Kuala Lumpur or other institutions of higher learning
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are able to use knowledge and comprehension to identify and apply data in response to concrete and complex problems.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who have (ethical disposition), effective leadership and team work as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to relate to peers and supervisors.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are innovative and committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the programs, students will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply theory from subjects learned using variety of methods and techniques in the related area.
- PLO 2
Apply valid and scientific techniques and experiments in solving problems.
- PLO 3
Collect, analyse and conclude data obtained in group and as well as an individual.
- PLO 4
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- PLO 5
Search and manage related Information and strive for independent and life – long learning.
- Mathematics 1
- Chemistry 1
- Physic 1
- English 1
- Introduction to Computer Technology 1
- Islamic Studies / Moral Studies
- Co – Curriculum 1
- Mathematics 2
- Chemistry 2
- Physic 2
- English 2
- Introduction to Computer Technology 2
- Study and Critical Thinking Skills 2
- Co – Curriculum 2
- Local Students RM5,500 (subject to term and conditions)
- International Students RM9,000 (subject to term and conditions)
- Pass SPM / SPMV with at least credits in FIVE (5) subjects; or
- Pass the O-Level with at least a C grade in FIVE (5) subjects; or
- Other equivalent qualifications.
- Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate min Grade C in 5 subjects .
- O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in 5 subjects.
Eligibility for specialized Foundations such as medicine, engineering and student accounting require additional subject credits (e.g. Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and Science) at SPM / SPMV / O-Level level or subject to the requirements of the field offered.
CPS / UniKL MIDI (formerly known as UniKL IPROM)
JPT/BPP (R/010/3/0295) 09/24, MQA/FA5157
Jan & July
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL