* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Facilities Maintenance Engineering
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kepujian) Kejuruteraan Penyelenggaraan Fasiliti
Facilities Maintenance Engineering usually refers to the application of techniques, engineering skills, professionalism and effort which are being organized to ensure that the design and development of and equipment provide efficient and effective economical maintenance. This includes anything from Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to IT Based Assistance inspections to make sure they are functioning properly.
Upon this realization, a curriculum has been structured to fill up the above needs. “Bachelor Engineering Technology in Facilities Maintenance Engineering” aimed to produce graduates specialize in Facilities Maintenance Engineering technologists. It covers the latest aspect of maintenance technology and recent method in sustainable energy management that related to Industry 4.0.
This program aims to produce graduates that are Professionals with Leadership Skills, Knowledgeable and Competent which able to manage plant to serve industrial needs in technical, facilities and safety management while respecting green environment.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards the human capital in Facilities Maintenance Engineering Technology
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are well trained in the professional skills to support their role in Facilities Maintenance Engineering field such as effective leadership, teamwork skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in Facilities Maintenance Engineering field.
- PEO 4
UniKL Facilities Maintenance Engineering graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in Facilities Maintenance Engineering and related field.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge and skills closely linked with mathematics, science, and engineering to solve problems in facilities maintenance engineering and related field.
- PLO 2
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve broadly the defined problems in facilities maintenance engineering and related field by selecting and applying appropriate modern techniques and resources.
- PLO 3
Design solutions for broadly designed engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or facilities maintenance processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and environmental consideration.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of broadly defined facilities maintenance engineering problem.
- PLO 5
Select and apply appropriate facilities maintenance engineering techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, to broadly defined facilities maintenance engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively as Facilities Maintenance Engineer and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively on broadly defined Facilities Maintenance engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effectively reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Facilities Maintenance engineering technology practice.
- PLO 9
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Facilities Maintenance engineering technology practice.
- PLO 10
Understand the impact of Facilities Maintenance engineering solutions in a societal contact and demonstrate knowledge of and the needs for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices and technopreneurial competencies.
- PLO 12
Recognize the needs for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Graduates of this bachelor program may find employment as:
- Government servant in any government agencies related to facilities management.
- Private sector such as Oil and Gas downstream industries (eg: Petronas/ Shell), Mill Engineer/Technologist or estate plantation (eg: Guthrie/Felda/Sime Darby), Maintenance Engineer/Technologist (Boilermaster/Technip), Project Engineer/Technologist for construction (Eco-World/SP Setia), Manufacturing industries (Proton/Venture), mechanical and electrical technologist in related sector.
- Service industry such as education, shopping mall, hotel and healthcare.
- Tutors in any engineering and safety courses related to education programmes.
- Course Instructor.
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1*
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)(L) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Hubungan Etnik (L) / Pengajian Malaysia 3 (I)
- Organizational Behavioural
- Materials Science
- Engineering Science 1
- Introduction to Facilities Maintenance Engineering
- Basic Electrical and Electronic for Facilities Maintenance
- Static Equipments
- Innovation Management
- Mandarin 1 / Arabic 1
- Engineering Economy
- Engineering Drawing and Computer Aided Design
- Electrical System Design and Installation
- Rotating Equipment
- Industrial Chemical Handling
- Welding Technology
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (LM) / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia (LnM) & (I)
- Material Handling Equipment
- Waste and Water Treatments
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Control System
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System
- Facilities Planning and Design
- Professional English 2
- Mandarin 2 / Arabic 2
- Engineering Ethics
- Boiler Operation and Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Energy Performance and Environmental Assesment
- Destructive and Non Destructive Testing / Corrosion Engineering / Applied Statistic For Technologist
- Final Year Project 1
- Standard and Certification in Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Asset Management
- Project Management
- Maintenance Planning and Control
- Sustainable Energy and Green Technology / Programmable Logic Control for Maintenance / Engineering Computer Programming
- Final Year Project 2
- Occupational Safety and Health Management System
- Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Capstone Project
- Industrial Tribology / Steam and Gas Turbine Maintenance / Building Construction Technology
- Entry Requirement:
- Minimum MUET Band 2 and
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science subject OR
- Recognised Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.0 OR
- Recognised related Technical / Vocational / Skills Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.0
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP(R/520/6/0083) 09/22 MQA FA 1996
Quality Engineering, Process
Instrumentation, Facilities Maintenance, Industrial Logistic and Supply Chain
January & September Only
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL