* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Facilities Maintenance Engineering
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Kejuruteraan (Kepujian) Kejuruteraan Penyelenggaraan Fasiliti
Upon this realization, a curriculum has been structured to fill up the above needs. “Bachelor Engineering Technology in Facilities Maintenance Engineering” aimed to produce graduates specialize in Facilities Maintenance Engineering technologists. It covers the latest aspect of maintenance technology and recent method in sustainable energy management that related to Industry 4.0.
This program aims to produce graduates that are Professionals with Leadership Skills, Knowledgeable and Competent which able to manage plant to serve industrial needs in technical, facilities and safety management while respecting green environment.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards the human capital in Facilities Maintenance Engineering Technology.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are well trained in the professional skills to support their role in Facilities Maintenance Engineering field such as effective leadership, teamwork skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in Facilities Maintenance Engineering field.
- PEO 4
UniKL Facilities Maintenance Engineering graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in Facilities Maintenance Engineering and related field.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in engineering technology will be able to:
- PLO 1 Knowledge:
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering technology fundamentals and an engineering specialisation to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies in Facilities Maintenance Engineering. (SK1 to SK4)
- PLO 2 Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse broadly-defined Facilities Maintenance Engineering technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialisation. (SK1 to SK4)
- PLO 3 Design / Development of Solution:
Design solutions for broadly-defined Facilities Maintenance Engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (SK5)
- PLO 4 Investigation:
Conduct investigations of broadly-defined Facilities Maintenance Engineering problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions. (SK8)
- PLO 5 Modern Tool Usage:
Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined Facilities Maintenance Engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations. (SK6)
- PLO 6 The Engineer and Society:
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Facilities Maintenance Engineering technology practice. (SK7)
- PLO 7 Environment and Sustainability:
Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrates knowledge of Facilities Maintenance Engineering and the need for sustainable development. (SK7)
- PLO 8 Ethics:
Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Facilities Maintenance Engineering technology practice. (SK7)
- PLO 9 Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10 Communications:
Communicate effectively on broadly-defined Facilities Maintenance Engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11 Project Management and Finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies, as well as identify business opportunities and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12 Life Long Learning:
Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist technologies.
Graduates of this bachelor program may find employment as:
- Government servant in any government agencies related to facilities management.
- Private sector such as Oil and Gas downstream industries (eg: Petronas/ Shell), Mill Engineer/Technologist or estate plantation (eg: Guthrie/Felda/Sime Darby), Maintenance Engineer/Technologist (Boilermaster/Technip), Project Engineer/Technologist for construction (Eco-World/SP Setia), Manufacturing industries (Proton/Venture), mechanical and electrical technologist in related sector.
- Service industry such as education, shopping mall, hotel and healthcare.
- Tutors in any engineering and safety courses related to education programmes.
- Course Instructor.
Graduates will also be able to pursue further studies in Management Technology, mechanical and Electrical engineering or undergo for professional certification in related fields.
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1*
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)(L) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (I)
- Hubungan Etnik (L) / Pengajian Malaysia 3 (I)
- Organizational Behavioural
- Materials Science
- Engineering Science 1
- Introduction to Facilities Maintenance Engineering
- Basic Electrical and Electronic for Facilities Maintenance
- Static Equipments
- Innovation Management
- Foreign Language 1
- Engineering Economy
- Engineering Drawing and Computer Aided Design
- Electrical System Design and Installation
- Rotating Equipment
- Industrial Chemical Handling
- Welding Technology
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (LM) / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia 2 (LnM) & (I)
- Material Handling Equipment
- Waste and Water Treatments
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Control System
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System
- Facilities Planning and Design
- Professional English 2
- Foreign Language 2
- Engineering Ethics
- Boiler Operation and Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Energy Performance and Environmental Assesment
- Destructive and Non Destructive Testing / Corrosion Engineering / Applied Statistic For Technologist
- Final Year Project 1
- Standard and Certification in Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Asset Management
- Project Management
- Maintenance Planning and Control
- Sustainable Energy and Green Technology / Programmable Logic Control for Maintenance / Engineering Computer Programming
- Final Year Project 2
- Occupational Safety and Health Management System
- Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Capstone Project
- Industrial Tribology / Steam and Gas Turbine Maintenance / Building Construction Technology
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Career Guidance 2
- Community Service 2
- Culture 2
- Rakan Masjid 2
- Siswa-siswi Bomba & Penyelamat 2
- KOR Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Sports Management 2
- Personal Financial Management 2
- Askar Wataniah 2
- Integrity & Anti- Rasuah 2
- Huffaz Professional 2
- Arabic 1
- Arabic 2
- French 1
- French 2
- Korean Language 1
- Korean Language 2
- Mandarin 1
- Mandarin 2
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2
- Italian 1
- Italian 2
- Entry Requirement:
- Minimum MUET Band 2 and
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science subject OR
- Recognised Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.0 OR
- Recognised related Technical / Vocational / Skills Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.0
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP(R2/520/6/0083) 09/29 MQA/FA15197
Engineering and Engineering Trades(Broad Programmes)
Level 6 – Bachelor
January & September Only
* Last Update 5/4/2021
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL