* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Bachelor of Food Safety and Quality Technology
Sarjana Muda Teknologi Keselamatan dan Kualiti Makanan
We are accepting applications now for our NEW 3 years -academic programme, Bachelor of Food Safety and Quality Technology (BFSQT) commencing September 2021.
This degree programme is a collaboration between UniKL and QSR Brands (M) Holdings Bhd. It is a 2u1i programme in food related technology in leveraging the needs of QSR human resource development.
This initiative is in line with the Malaysian Education Blueprint for 2015-2025 (Higher Education) where the 2u2i/2u1i academic programme supports the implementation of flexible education through industry participation in curriculum design and experiential learning at the workplace.
This programme offers a comprehensive Bachelor program that includes knowledge, practical, high industrial exposure & experience and embedded professional courses. By undergoing this programme, students will be able to prepare and adapt better into the real working environment after graduation. This will meet the industry expectation and needs in recruting a competent employee. The program will be in 3-years; 2 years in UniKL MICET and 1 year in company under QSR Brands (M) Holdings Bhd.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are :
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in food safety and quality.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in chemical engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of technology fundamental to broadly-defined procedures, processes, systems and methodologies in food safety and quality.
- PLO 2
Practical Skills and High Technology: Propose and employ current tools and techniques to resolve broadly-defined problems.
- PLO 3
Analytical, Critical Thinking and Scientific Approach: Demonstrate deep investigation and significant thinking abilities to solve broadly defined problems in the field of food safety and quality
- PLO 4
Communication Skills: Communicate effectively and flexibly in oral and written language for social, academic and professional purposes.
- PLO 5
Social and Responsibility in Society and Technologist Community: Illustrate the understanding of corresponding issues related to the society and the subsequent responsibilities to the broadly-defined food safety and quality technology practices.
- PLO 6
Lifelong learning and information management: Acknowledge the requirement of professional establishment and to employ independent continuing learning in food safety and quality specialist technologists.
- PLO 7
Technoprenuership and Management Skills: Illustrate consciousness of management and tecnopreneurship routine in real perspective.
- PLO 8
Ethics and Professionalism: Illustrate ethical awareness and professionalism.
- PLO 9
Teamwork and Leadership: Illustrate leadership character, mentoring and work efficiently in diverse teams.
Industry areas in the job market which demand for the graduates of this academic programme :
- Technical & Production
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Waste Management
- Halal Assurance Management System
- Research & Product Development
- Supply Chain & Procurement
These are some examples of job types suitable for the graduates
Further study prospects
Upon successfully completing the program, graduates also may pursue Postgraduate’s Degree in the following areas:
- Food Science and Technology
- Chemical and Bioengineering Technology
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- “Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- “Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia/”Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia”
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- English for Technologist
- Introduction to Food Safety and Quality Technology
- Mathematics 1
- Analytical and Organic Chemistry
- Innovation Management
- Food Product Manufacturing
- Global Food Security
- Microbiological Food Safety
- Food Analysis and Sensory Evaluation
- Engineering Statistics
- Industrial Safety & Health
- Food Safety and Packaging Technology
- Food Safety and Legislation
- Supply Chain Management System
- Food Ingredients
- HALAL Management System
- Process Instrumentation & Control
- Food Safety Toxicology
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Food Quality and Standard
- Food Product Design and Development
- Food Waste Management System
- Applied Food Product Manufacturing
- Industrial Final Year Project
- Applied Food Quality and Standard
- Refer to Electives
- Industrial Training
- Applied HALAL Management System
- Applied Food Product Design and Development
- Applied Food Safety and Legislation
- Applied Supply Chain Management System
- Applied Industrial Safety & Health
- Career Guidance 2
- Community Service 2
- Culture 2
- Rakan Masjid 2
- Siswa Siswi Bomba & Penyelamat 2
- Siswa Siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Sports Management 2
- Personal Financial Management 2
- Askar Wataniah
- Entry Requirement:
- Pass STPM or its equivalent with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in TWO (2) subjets; OR
- Pass Matriculation/ Foundation in any IPTA/IPTS/ Permitted Institutions to conduct Foundation Programmes with CGPA 2.00; OR
- Pass Diploma in related diciplies with CGPA 2.00; OR
- Pass UEC with at least Grade B in FIVE (5) subjects; OR
- Pass STAM (Grade Jayyid) or its equivalent; OR
- Other recognised qualifications or its equivalent.
- Recognised DKM (MQF Level 4) or DLKM (MQF Level 5) OR
- equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00* OR
- Other recognised qualifications or its equivalent.
For international students minimum English language requirement of
- IELTS 5.0/CEFR B1 or equivalent TOEFL PBT(410-413) or TOEFL
- IBT(34) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance) / CEFR B2 or
- CPE(180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency) / CEFR C1 or PTE
- (Pearson Test of English) (36) or MUET Band 3
JPT/BPP (N/541/6/0059)04/26 MQA/PA14057
January and September
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
Fax: +603 – 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL