* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Logistics management is one of the foundation blocks of any successful business. With the onslaught of globalization, logistics management has become more complex and face stiff challenges. It entails a wide variety of activities as global enterprizes need to integrate the flow of goods from the suppliers, through their facilities, on to their customers. Proper performance of logistics functions can thus contribute to both lower costs and enhanced customer service. Unless an organization can manage and coordinate the movement of materials, information and cash through its business, and those of partner organizations, it is unlikely to outperform its competitors. With Malaysia’s strategic development in the logistics sector, such as, business expansion in air cargo hub, container port, as well as in service industries like airlines, couriers and banks, the market demand for logistics professionals is tremendous. Typical challenges in this area will include supply chain design (materials handling, facility location, plant layout, integrated production systems, warehousing, pricing, service support), supply chain operations (inventory control, third-part logistics, transportation and freight operations, air cargo systems, routing, network optimization, distribution channels) and tactical issues (item tracking). Universiti Kuala Lumpur has risen to this challenges by offering programmes that prepare graduates with knowledge of the strategic and economic principles of the efficient flow of materials, information, capital and products through the whole distribution network.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce highly qualified personnel in Logistics, transportation and distributions who:
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in logistics related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leadership and teamwork skills, as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneural activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the end of the respective course of study, the graduates should able to:
- PLO 1
Explain the theory and concept of logistics, transportation and distribution management and operations.
- PLO 2
Handle and resolve logistics and transportation daily operational problems.
- PLO 3
Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issue in industrial logistics practice.
- PLO 4
Understand and commit to professional ethics of industrial logistics practice.
- PLO 5
Communicate effectively and professionally, and manage team to do logistics projects within the industry circle.
- PLO 6
Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern logistics tools in industrial logistics activities.
- PLO 7
Recognize the importance of knowledge enhancement, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
Graduates of this Diploma in Industrial Logistics may find employment as:
- Government servant under the Ministry of Transport (Road Transport Department, Department of Civil Aviation, Maritime Department, Department of Rail.
- Government Servant under the Ministry Internal Affairs (Royal Custom and Excise)
- Enforcement Agency such as Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam (SPAD)
- Private Sector under Transport and Logistics Companies, Forwarding Agent, Port and Air Industries, Warehouse and other logistics installation.
- Tutor in logistics and transportation learning institution.
Graduates will also be able to pursue further studies in Bachelor of Industrial Logistics (Hons) , Bachelor of Transportation Planning, Bachelor in Supply Chain Management and any related field.
- Fundamentals of Logistics
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (L)/
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (I)
- Competency English
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Fundamentals of Transportation
- Basic Statistics
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Management
- Communication English 1
- Foreign Language 1
- Interpersonal Skills
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Introduction of Project Management
- Managing Transport Operations
- Customs and Excise
- Communication English 2
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia(L-M)/
- Religious Practices in Malaysia (L-NM) & (I)
- Culture and Life Style in Malaysia 1
- Foreign Language 2
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Principles of Marketing
- Information System in Logistics
- Movement of Goods
- Introduction to Transportation Policy and Planning
- Fundamentals of Warehouse Operations
- Elements of Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Final Year Project
- Fundamentals of International Logistics
- Introduction to Risks Management and Insurance
- Law of Contract
- Industrial Training
- Bahasa Kebangsaan (A)
- Career Guidance 1
- Community Service 1
- Culture 1
- Rakan Masjid 1
- Siswa-siswi Bomba & Penyelamat 1
- KOR Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 1
- Sports Management 1
- Personal Financial Management 1
- Askar Wataniah 1
- Integrity & Anti- Rasuah 1
- Huffaz Professional 1
- Arabic 1
- Arabic 2
- French 1
- French 2
- Korean Language 1
- Korean Language 2
- Mandarin 1
- Mandarin 2
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2
- Italian 1
- Italian 2
- Pass in SPM or its equivalent with at least three (3) credits; OR
- Pass in O-Level or its equivalent with at least three (3) credits; OR
- Recognized related Technical and Vocational Certificate or its equivalent with one (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of one (1) semester of bridging programme; OR
- Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least one (1) credit; OR
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SKM) (MQF Level 3) qualification been recognized by Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK), government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate
- Pass in Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) qualification been recognized by government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate. SVM is recognized as equivalent to 3 credits SPM for candidates who obtain;
• Academic CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.00;
• Vocational CGPA is equal to or greater than 2.67 and competent in all vocational modules;
• Credit in Bahasa Melayu with SVM Code 1104;
• Pass in Sejarah for graduate cohort 2013-2016
Click for more detail
JPT/BPP (R2/840/4/0036) 09/23, MQA A 9066
Level 4 – Diploma
January & July
* Last Update 5/4/2021
For further enquiries, please contact us at:
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 – 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011-56938263 or +6011-59656805
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL