* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan Elektrikal Dan Elektronik
Professional engineers harness the power of science and mathematics to design innovative and practical solutions to real-world problems. Through this process they create the new technologies that can revolutionize society and make life better for people. Electrical and Electronic Engineering is one of the fastest growing areas of new technology and is at the heart of a knowledge-based economy. To get some idea of the wide range of influence of electrical and electronic engineers, consider some of the technological advances we take for granted every day, such as electric power, telecommunications, medical technology and robotics
The engine that drives or controls almost all of these new technologies is the computer or electronics. Computers were originally designed by electrical and electronic engineers and remain their major tool today. But there are more to Electrical and Electronics Engineering than just computers; it is what they are used for that determines their real value to society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative, which will contribute towards the requirement of human capital in Engineering Technology field.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical and socially responsible.
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to well defined practical procedures and practices in electrical & electronic engineering technology.
Analyse well-defined engineering problems in electrical & electronic engineering technology.
- PLO 3
Formulate solutions to well-defined technical problems in electrical & electronic engineering technology.
- PLO 4
Assist with the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs in electrical & electronic engineering technology.
- PLO 5
Conduct investigations of well-defined electrical & electronic technology engineering problems.
- PLO 6
Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling to well-defined electrical & electronic engineering technology activities with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 7
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 8
Communicate effectively on electrical and electronic engineering by being able to comprehend and write effective report, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate awareness and consideration for the society, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of practices.
- PLO 10
Demonstrate understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the needs for sustainable development.
- PLO 12
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of management, business practices and entrepreneurship.
- PLO 13
Recognize the needs for professional development and the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Upon completion, DET Electrical & Electronics Diploma holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Manufacturing (Technician, Assistant Engineer, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Advisor, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Supervisor)
- Electronics Industries (Computer Technician, Test & Measurement Technician, Instrumentation Technologist)
- Research and Development (Design Technologist)
- Education (Lab Assistant, Technician, Academic Executive)
- Technical Service Providers (Consultant, Engineering Contractors, Service Technician, Technical Support Engineer)
- Engineering Product Trading (Suppliers, Vendors, Marketing Executive, Sales Engineer)
- Technopreneurship (Innovator, Designer, Entrepreneur, Motivator)
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Engineering Physics
- Electronics Workshop Technology
- Management for Engineers
- Competency English
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Siswa-siswi Pertahanan Awam 1
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Electronics
- Introduction to Electric Circuits
- Introduction to Digital Electronics
- Programming Fundamental
- Communication English 1
- Technical Mathematics 3
- Introduction to Microcontroller
- Electrical Circuit Theorems
- Digital Electronics
- Communication English 2
- Engineering Design
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Mandarin 1
- Interpersonal Skills
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia
- Embedded C
- Elective Subject
- Business Management Technique
- Mandarin 2
- Final Year Project
- Elective Subject
- Industrial Training
- Power Electronics Principles and Devices
- Electrical Power
- Fundamental Electronic Design Automation
- Application of Electrical Systems in Building
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Digital IC Design
- Advance Digital Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
JPT/BPP (R/523/4/0127) 03/19, MQA A 10137
Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication
January & July Only
MARKETING, STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ADMISSION DIVISION (MeSRA)
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Level 3, 1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 - 2175 4422 / 4031 / 5408
Mobile: +6011 - 596 56805
Fax: +603 - 2175 4446
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
+603 - 2175 4000
+603 - 2175 4001
CONNECT WITH #UniKL